Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wowee, it has been a long time since I've written anything...I honestly wish I had the motivation, but all of the traveling lately has just been sucking the life out of me. But tonight I am making an attempt to mend my ways! One benefit of all the constant train and plane rides is that I have finally begun reading again. I remember when I was in elementary school and reading held such joy for me...I remember the feeling of picking up a good book, reading the first chapter and instantly knowing I would love it. The feeling of being so immersed that I would stay up well past my bedtime just to see what was going to happen next. Needless to say, once high school, then college, then "the real world" hit, reading took a backseat, and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I finished a book for pleasure. Oh, there were those two Bridget Jones books that I managed to read in there...and I think I did re-read Pride and Prejudice...but three books (not required by school) in 12 years...eek, that's embarassing.

I'm not sure whether my next statement is more or less embarassing than that admission. December 15 marks the day I started reading again...due to two loooong plane rides to California. The book that totally captured my attention - TWILIGHT. And I'm 27 years old. Wait, this is starting to feel like one of Fattylumpa's TMI Thursday entries. However, I am reading books again over blogs and celebrity gossip websites, I feel great about it, and that's really all that matters. To all three or so readers of this blog...more to come shortly, I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First and foremost, I am so glad that you are back to blogging!

Second, I totally hear you on the Twilight books: A friend of mine JUST gave them to me this weekend. I secretly cannot wait to start reading them. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Welcome back, and enjoy all your reading time! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute!!
-kthethe