Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Confession

Today I did something that made me feel guilty. Really, really guilty.

I cheated. On my hairdresser.
Ladies, which of you has ever done this? Admit it. I see you timidly raising your hand. And I bet you felt as bad as I do.

It's a funny relationship that women have with their hairdressers. Although we are simply paying for a service, it becomes almost traumatic if we decide that we want to begin seeing someone else. Thus, my use of the term "cheating". We behave a lot like we're cheating in a relationship. We sneak around, we worry that our hairdresser will find out, we stress about whether we should do it or not. Whatever the reason for going to a new stylist, it is every client's right to shop around in an effort to get the best service. So why the overwhelming guilt? Maybe it's due to the fact that while we are sitting in that chair, we end up sharing more with her than we planned to. Perhaps it's because we worry that we wont like the new girl as much as her, and we don't want to deal with the embarrassment of crawling back.

Whatever the reason, I am glad that I tried someone new, and I intend to stick with her. For the time being at least :)

No comments: