Monday, July 28, 2008

Just one of those days...

Today was one of those days that starts out with so much promise. I was flying out on yet another business trip, and Arron needed to use my car so he was dropping me off at the airport. First good thing - not having to park my car and drag all of my luggage through the parking garage. Then my flight was not only on time, it was 25 MINUTES EARLY. With air travel in its current state, when does this ever happen? Thank you, Southwest Airlines. To top it all off, no one sat next to me on the plane. And I'm not just talking about an empty seat next to me...there was no one in my entire row. Again, how often does that happen? To end my fantastic morning, I breezed through the car rental process and ended up with a Jetta. Yes, it's not exactly a Mercedes, but compared to some cars I've gotten, it sure seems like one. The sun was shining. It was 80 degrees. Life couldn't be better for a Monday morning.

Then...the day slowly degraded. I found out that I will be spending the week at work doing meticulous data entry. I began realizing I need to go back to Orlando next week. And the week of the 18th. After work, trips to CVS and the grocery store took far longer than normal...and the traffic was bad even for Orlando standards. Due to complete inefficiency by the staff at Subway, it took 25 minutes for me to get a sandwich for dinner. 25 MINUTES. I guess that made up for the time I gained this morning. Then I arrived at the hotel, and after lugging my suitcase, laptop bag, and groceries into the room, I step in and smell...smoke. This meant I needed to switch rooms, and move everything all over again. So, here I sit, in my new room, which is blissfully without the smell of smoke, but also virtually without air conditioning. In Florida. In July. Oh, the day held such promise. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit better!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

oh girl! I am so sorry to hear this! Did you tell the hotel management about the AC? Maybe while you're working tomorrow they can fix it or get you another room. Smoky hotel rooms are so nasty. On one of my trips to Hawaaii I had to switch three times. So gross.

Here's hoping your day tomorrow is better!!

Anonymous said...

Things will get better, focus on having a good time this weekend!!