Thursday, July 17, 2008

Musings on Traveling

When I think about things I am truly passionate about, traveling jumps right to the top of the list. I highly doubt that many people check the TripAdvisor website more than I do (it's at least a four-to-five-times-a-day addiction). I am lucky to live in New England, which is a true tourist heaven. Travel just a few hours and you can find yourself in the rolling mountains of New Hampshire, the gorgeous fall foliage of the Berkshires, the sandy dunes of Cape Cod, or the rocky shoreline of Maine.

Despite my love of New England, the pictures I am about to post are from my first (and certainly not my last) trip to Hawaii. I don't think it's possible for anyone to visit this magical place and not love it.



Hawaii
This was taken on the North Shore


Photobucket
An open air shopping center in Honolulu


Photobucket
Cloudy sunset at the Turtle Bay Resort


Photobucket
Look in one direction, there's a beautiful beach...


Photobucket
Look in the other direction and see towering mountains


Photobucket
Pearl Harbor


Photobucket
Bustling Waikiki Beach


Photobucket
Friendly peacock at the Audubon Society


Photobucket
The most amazing Mai Tais


Photobucket
Blue skies that never end...


Photobucket
Mahalo...for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

kj said...

lauren, these shots are great! i want to visit hawaii one of these days, and you've given me my own tour of its beauty!

Caitlin said...

Oooooh, Hawaii. These pictures break my heart! Tonight Z & I were sitting outside (okay, we still are) marveling over our discovery that our local packy now carries not one, not two, but THREE kinds of beer from Kona brewing company.

I am dreaming of the days we used to lounde on his lanai, loking at the palm trees in his yard while a soft breeze ruffled my hair....SIGH.