Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ptown signs

So here I am in the airport in Orlando in the worst possible situation that I could be in. Now once I describe it, you will probably say, "Eh...not so bad." But for me, of course it's a cause for stress. My flight is delayed. And I have plans tonight. Not only plans, but a surprise birthday party. Which means if my flight gets in too late, we will roll in late to the party and either miss/crash the grand entrance of the guest of honor. Again - not something that everyone would find to be highly stressful, but anyone who knows me can probably imagine how irritated I am getting at my lack of control of the situation.

So to calm my poor nerves, I am trying to take advantage of the situation and post some soothing memories of my little Labor Day vacation. Ris and took lots of pictures in Ptown last week, and at least half of them were of funny signs that we saw as we strolled Commercial Street. Hopefully they will make you giggle a bit.



Photobucket



Photobucket
Hedda Lettuce - of Project Runway fame


Photobucket



Photobucket
Sweet rowboat sign spotted by Rissy...and her favorite.


Photobucket



Photobucket
No such thing as Burger King (or any chain for that matter) in Ptown.


Photobucket
I am not entirely sure whether this sign is directed at dogs or late-night drunks.

Happy Friday everyone!!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Aw, you poor thing! I'm sorry, that really stinks. I hate delayed flights, and I know how much you've been traveling lately and that just makes it worse! We're actually flying to RI tonight for a quick weekend to attend a friend's wedding -- and I am crossing my fingers that everything goes okay!

I hope they you get home safely and on time!!
xoxo

kj said...

i love this!!!