Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cat Lady

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and mean it). I would like nothing more than to be a cat lady. I bet I could comfortably live with 10 cats, no problem at all. It's funny because whenever my intense love for cats is brought to someone's attention, I automatically cringe. I just KNOW that the reaction is either going to be "Ooooh, I would love nothing more than to share my home with a mother cat and her 5 bastard kittens!", OR, the alternative, "CATS? I hate cats. They freak me out. And they just seem evil. What's wrong with a nice dog?"

Why do cats evoke this love/hate reaction? Maybe it's because they are independent. They can be aloof, but when they want attention, food, or cuddles, they want it now. Dogs are more consistent...they want love 24/7. But let me wax poetic about why I love them so very much.

They're clean. They never require baths. They're furry and soft. They always smell good. Watching them chase bugs around the house is possibly the most amusing thing you will ever see. The fur growing out of their ears could not be any cuter. They're as loyal as dogs, just the strong, silent type. They never need to be let outside at 6 am. Or walked. Watching them doze off into a catnap will make your heart melt. Ones with double paws are adorably clumsy. Oh, and see the pictures of my parents cat (when she was kitten) below. I don't see how anyone could look at that complete cuteness and still dislike cats.



Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable!! MEOOOOWWWWW

Lauren said...

Pissssss......MEOW!