Friday, August 15, 2008

Work Trips to FL

I've been traveling to Orlando for work quite a bit this summer. Although the airports wear me out (see one of my previous entries), and it would be nice if I was going in February as opposed to July, it's really not all that bad. I can get a nonstop flight from PVD on Southwest (best airline EVER, by the way), and there's quite a bit to do in the area. In fact, the hotel that I stay at is about 5 minutes from Universal Studios and about 10 minutes from Disney World. It does get a bit depressing when when I am at breakfast getting ready for a long day at work and 99% of the people around me are in their shorts and tank tops getting ready for a long day of fun at the theme parks. Here are some pictures I've managed to take of the area so far. I'm on a bit of a hiatus for now, but in September and October I'll be going back for 3-4 more weeks.

Photobucket
Block Island from the plane

Photobucket
Shadow of the plane as we land (look closely)

Photobucket
Much bigger!

Photobucket
Intersection in Dr. Phillips - one of the nicest neighborhoods in Orlando

Photobucket
Atrium of the my hotel - the fabulous Embassy Suites on I-Drive

Photobucket
Thunderstorm moving in from the left - a daily occurance

Photobucket
Sitting on the deck at the restaurant across the street. I guess there could be worse places to travel for work :)

Photobucket
Yum. Guess what I am drinking?

1 comment:

kj said...

this is a good job you have!!

i look forward to seeing your ptown shots..

:)